Learn from your Archetype, so you can speak your truth with more confidence and feel more alive and supported being you!
What is an Archetype and how can it help you?
Caroline Myss, a spiritual teacher and author who bases a substantial body of her work on archetypes, describes the concept on her website:
“Awareness of archetypes dates back at least to the time of Plato, who called them Forms. The great Swiss psychologist Carl Jung developed this idea further. For Jung, archetypes comprised psychological patterns derived from historical roles in life, such as the Mother, Child, Trickster, and Servant, as well as universal events or situations, including Initiation or Death and Rebirth.”
One piece of my framework for healing that I’ve used on myself and my clients with great success is: True Awareness. We must be aware of ourselves at a deeper level so we can make empowered choices.
Being conscious of how we express ourselves (speak our truth) and create the life we want is an important part of the awareness process. Using archetypes gives you a powerful symbol that goes beyond your personality to shine a light on your fears and strengths around self-expression. Read on to learn more and take the quiz!
The Archetypes for Speaking Your Truth (descriptions taken from Archetype Cards by Caroline Myss)
I chose these three archetypes because they speak to our relationship and ability to take empowered action and be ourselves. If you relate to a certain archetype, this is not good or bad, only information for your awareness. Read further to take the quiz and learn more about the strengths of each archetype and how to incorporate them into being more confident to speak your truth.
- Suffers that others may be redeemed (benefit or grow), either spiritually or politically
- Shadow Martyr uses a combination of service and suffering for others as a means of controlling and manipulating them
- Look for a pattern of giving yourself to causes for the betterment of others, regardless of the consequences.
- Exposes fears and issues related to low self-esteem that cause you to make choices that block your own empowerment and success
- When you make it an ally, you will find that it calls your attention to situations in which you’re in danger of being sabotaged or of sabotaging yourself
- Shadow Saboteur manifests as self-destructive behaviour or the desire to undermine others
Child: Orphan (Abandoned)
- Reflects feeling that you aren’t a part of your family or tribal spirit
- Helps develop psychic independence based on personal judgement and experience early in life
- Shadow Orphan manifests as a failure to mature, and obsessive search for surrogate family structures to experience tribal union rather than moving on
Click here to take the quiz: What is your Truth Speaker Archetype?
Speak Your Truth with Awareness
There are two ways to learn from the information above:
- Read through the descriptions and see which one resonates with you. Ask yourself how this archetype can teach you how you’re staying silent and what wisdom it has that can help you speak up more. Journal for 15-20 minutes and reflect throughout the week on how this archetype shows up in your behaviours and feelings. Make a decision to evolve into the empowered version of the archetype.
- Take the quiz and learn what is your dominant archetype. Receive the results via email along with some tips to use the archetype to empower yourself.
Click here to take the quiz: What is Your Truth Speaker Archetype? Learn to feel more confident, alive and supported in expressing your truth!