- The less sleep one has had, the more noisy it is during the wee hours. Example, a random person ringing our intercom at 4:50 am, after having randomly buzzed 6 other units in consecutive fashion. Don’t worry, no one let them in.
- The more I want to sleep, the more my cat wants me to play during the 3-5 am window. Example, pacing our bedroom, stopping at my side of the bed to meow, then going around to the other side to caterwaul at the cat next door, who also loves to jump onto their deck at 4:30 am.
- The more silence I need for sleep, the more noise everyone in the world likes to make. Example, starting up the lawnmower below my window at 8 am after I’ve just found a cozy window of sleep the hour before that.
- Sleep seems to be essential for a grumpy free existence.
- The hours between 3-5 am is the perfect time to mentally discuss all the characters in Downton Abbey.
- The more summery the season becomes, the louder and more enthusiastic the birds are. At 3 am.
- This list has quickly turned into a complaint letter to the Universe. Now that I think about it, it’s high time I took this up with your manager, Universe. This is unacceptable.
My sleeplessness in a city a mere 2 hour drive from Seattle–imagine that–is a temporary affliction that feels like a life sentence. If you also have sleep problems, I empathize.
Here is what I’ll be doing this week:
- Set an intention every night that I will sleep through the entire night, peacefully and deeply.
- Ask the Universe to assist me in having a restful sleep.
- Spritz some lavender spray on my pillow.
- Do a mantra before bed that brings peace.
- Make sure the room is cool and dark.
I feel better already! I will let you know how it goes. Maybe you can try this if you also have trouble sleeping and we can compare notes next week.
Click the link to access my community GET LYT! It’s completely free, and we dish about all the hottest personal development advice, books, videos, podcasts… you name it. Think of it like the ultimate fan community where you can geek out on personal development. I stand for anti-racism. I believe that Black Lives Matter. I invite you to join us if you vibe with me on this. If not, this is not the community for you.